Picturedrome Electric Theatre Company Ltd believes that your personal and private information must be protected and is committed to doing so. Adam Cunard, Managing Director is the “data controller” of your Information.
By using our services, such as registering on our website, subscribing to our newsletter, or downloading our app, you are acknowledging that we will collect and use your Information as described in this Policy. Protecting your privacy is important, and we aim to be as open and transparent about how your Information is used. We do need to some of Information to provide our services to you, but other optional uses will be with your consent. We aim to keep your Information only for as long as we need to for the purposes identified.
Test and Trace Covid-19: Data Protection Notice
Following Government guidance, we are collecting your details to assist health authorities in contact tracing, should a customer subsequently test positive for Covid-19. The processing of your personal information is covered by the General Data Protection Regulations Article 6(1) (f). We have legitimate interest in co-operating with NHS Test and Trace to help maintain a safe operating environment and to help fight any local outbreak of coronavirus.
NHS Test and Trace have asked us to retain this information for 21 days from the date of your visit, to enable contact tracing to be carried out by NHS Test and Trace personnel during that period. We will only share information with NHS Test and Trace if it is specifically requested by them. We hold the same information for our own operational purposes when your booking is collected online. If you do not wish your contact information to be passed to NHS Test and Trace if requested, please send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome children and young people to our cinemas. However, when you purchase tickets from us we may ask your age, and if you’re buying on behalf of someone else, for the age of the recipient, so we can ensure that access to age-restricted films is appropriately restricted. Our online booking service, and our Privilege Card scheme are intended for users aged 13 years and over.
3. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect Information from you:-
• when you purchase tickets
• if you sign up to our Picturedrome Electronic Newsletter
• if you subscribe to our Privilege Card scheme;
• If you download our apps or interact with our social media pages (e.g. Twitter or Facebook);
If you enter a competition
• if you contact us by telephone
• if you respond to a survey, or enter a competition (whether via our websites, an app or through social media).
• If you fill out a comment card
We use that Information:
• to provide our services to you;
• to improve the services we provide and to tailor our products and services to you;
• to get to know our customers better and the type of person who uses our services
• to contact you about cinema, films and other goods and services we think you might be interested in
• To let you know about special offers or promotions that may be of interest
4. General Bookings, purchases and payments
If you book tickets using our App, we will need to know some details about you such as your name and payment card details. We will also need your email address if you’re booking online. We may ask for your mobile phone number too.
If you contact us or have an enquiry we will keep a record of this which may include some of your Information depending on how you contacted us.
How we use this Information
We use this Information to allow us, or our agents (Admit One) to process your booking, and to send you any relevant emails regarding your booking.
If you have given us your consent , by opting in to receive email marketing, we may use this Information to provide marketing communications to you by email. If you prefer not to receive these emails, you can choose to opt out at any time by contacting Head Office. (please refer to Updating, Rectifying and Deleting Personal Data or Withdrawing Consent below for further details).
If a film is age restricted - 12a, 15, or 18, whether or not a ticket has been purchased online, the Customer must bring recognised identification, such as a passport, driving licence, or official student card. If authentic identification cannot be provided when requested, you will not gain entry to the film and your tickets and booking fee will not be refunded. The final decision with regard to the production of identification and it's suitability to prove age rests with the Staff of the cinema, and the Companies' decision in this matter is final.
If you choose to pay for your ticket on our App by credit or debit card those payments will be processed by our payment provider rather than Picturedrome Electric Theatre Company Ltd.
6. Privilege Cards
If you join our Privilege Card scheme we will ask you to complete the registration process to register it. As part of this process, we will ask for Information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and payment method, payment card and/or bank details.
If you register for a Privilege Card for someone else (if it is a gift), we will still need some Information about you (so we can contact you about your gift and you can pay) but we will also ask for the details of the person who will be the card holder. Where you submit Information about that person to us, you confirm that you have all necessary permissions and consents to do so (including the consent of the card holders’ parent or guardian, if they are under 18).
How we use this Information
We use this information to administrate and monitor card usage, for the onward improvement of our service. The card enables you to collect points which equate to discounts at our cinemas. We may use the information to market you with promotions or offers.
Where you have chosen to provide bank details, our payment processors will use this Information, on our behalf. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card, those details will also be processed by our payment processors rather than Picturedrome. Your credit and/or debit card details will not be recorded or stored by The Picturedrome once they have been processed for the purpose of taking payments either online or by telephone, or in person.
7. How does Picturedrome protect my Information?
We cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet. In house we follow internal security procedures to storage f information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access or loss. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to discuss your account details or other queries.
8. Who does Picturedrome share my Information with?
We may share your Information in the following circumstances:
• To our agents Admit One, for the purpose of providing services on our behalf, such as managing or administering our websites and App, or to help us develop new services. We will only transfer your personal information on the understanding that they themselves have in place adequate technical and organizational measures to protect that information, will not pass it on to any other party (without our explicit consent and only with valid grounds) and that they will not use your Information for their own business purposes
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and us eg, the Police.
• Where we are obliged to, or permitted to do so, by law, court order or to comply with any search warrant or similar presented to Picturedrome by any law enforcement or government officer.
• In the event that our business is sold or integrated with another business your information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers' advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business..
The Company reserves the right to use closed circuit television (CCTV) systems throughout its premises as deemed necessary and employees and visitors to our cinemas should expect all areas (other than those where use would contravene common decency) to be visible on a television monitoring system. Any information obtained from systems will be used with strict adherence to the GDPR. Information will be used for the prevention and detection of crime and to ensure compliance with our policies and procedures and our legal obligations. This may include using recorded images as evidence in disciplinary proceedings.
We also use CCTV monitoring at our cinemas to ensure the safety of guests. It enables us to monitor the screen remotely and the exterior of the cinema, for the protection of our guests and as part of our health and safety management,
Footage from CCTV is stored securely on the server for 28 days then automatically deletes.
Footage is available to view on the internal monitor at the sites, and can be viewed by all staff in the area of the monitor.
Footage can be viewed remotely by Head Office staff.
The footage may be shared with other agencies such as the Police, the Health and Safety Executive or our insurers in the event of claims.
Any requests to view footage must otherwise be made in writing to Head Office.
10. Updating, Rectifying and Deleting Personal Data or Withdrawing Consent
If you want to find out what Information we hold about you or to have your Information updated, removed or corrected, please email us at email@example.com